Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Boys Messenger Bag


Far too much time has passed since I've made an update, so it's about time I catch up on projects!

What a better way to start than with an awesome messenger bag I made for my nephew. After much searching I found this tutorial for a really easy and simple design. The size was also just about right for a young boy, with enough room for a couple of books and some supplies. While I like the camouflage fabric in the tutorial, I instead used a dark olive green decor fabric, and a light green cotton for the lining.

More tips and pics after the jump.

While I found the tutorial to be mostly clear, I did find that the strap width measurements didn't quite work out as they appeared in the images, so I improvised a bit and gave the strap a top-stitch to hold it together better. All the top-stitching on the bag was done with a bright green thread to match the lining.

The inside lining:
Loaded with a sketch book:
This was definitely fun to make, although a little hard on my weak sewing machine. If I end up getting something a little stronger in future, I would love to step it up and try making this other amazing messenger bag!

In the meantime, I'm glad he's having fun with his new bag. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment