Monday, February 27, 2012

Robot Crib Quilt


I have finally finished my first quilt! I love modern quilts and opted for a simple and less traditional pattern in order to better showcase the awesome Robot Factory fabric by Caleb Gray. These little bots are adorable, and perfect for the little guy this quilt is going to.

As this is a crib quilt, it measures roughly 3x4'in size. The top-stitch/quilted part follows the lines of each fabric block (options for this are limited without a long arm sewing machine), and the back piece is a very fine and super soft fleece.

Full quilt after the jump.

After sewing the back piece on and turning the quilt right side out, I closed the opening by hand sewing a blind hem. Here is a great tutorial for a slip stitch.


A special thanks goes to Stitch Stash Diva who was able to ship this fabric to me in record time! I highly recommend her Etsy shop for fun and colourful fabrics.

A robot with a bow tie? So. Cute.

1 comment:

  1. Well hello! I didn't know you had a blog! Ooohh, this is giving me incentive to restart mine! Love all the projects you've got going on here! You've got me wishing I could take a day off to just fiddle about on my old sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete